- Oracle Unveils Migration Tool for Microsoft SQL Server to MySQL
- New MySQL Tools and Features Enhance User Experience on Windows; Help to Lower Database Total Cost of Ownership by up to 90 Percent
- Continuing to enhance the MySQL user experience on Microsoft Windows, Oracle today announced a new migration tool that allows users to easily and quickly migrate data from Microsoft SQL Server to MySQL.
- In addition, a new “MySQL for Excel” application plug-in enables data analysts to seamlessly access and manipulate MySQL data within Microsoft Excel, without requiring prior MySQL technical knowledge.
- An enhanced version of the MySQL Installer for Windows is also available, helping users through the setup of advanced security and logging features, and a new MySQL Notifier application for Windows allows users to easily monitor and manage MySQL instances.
- All tools are available for download now.
- By using MySQL over Microsoft SQL Server 2012, users can reduce their database total cost of ownership by up to 90 percent.*
- The latest MySQL release MySQL 5.6, currently available as a Development Milestone Release, additionally delivers numerous improvements for Windows.
- These new tools will be featured during the upcoming MySQL Connect Conference taking place in San Francisco September 29th and 30th. Follow the MySQL Connect conversation on Twitter at #mysqlconnect.
New Features Further Improve MySQL Manageability and User Productivity on Windows
- The new migration tool is integrated into MySQL Workbench, which allows the visual design, development and administration of MySQL databases, and now provides a complete solution for migrating Microsoft SQL Server database tables and data to MySQL with less time and effort.
- With MySQL Workbench, SQL Server developers and DBAs can quickly and easily convert existing applications to run MySQL on Windows as well as Linux and other platforms.
- Addressing the growing demand from business analysts using MySQL for data marts and analytic applications, the new “MySQL for Excel” application plug-in allows users to easily import, export and manipulate MySQL data.
- Enabling users in most cases to go from download to development in three minutes or less, the enhanced MySQL installer provides point-and-click configuration of new MySQL database instances, as well as advanced logging and security features.
- The new MySQL Notifier application for Windows helps developers and DBAs to easily monitor, start and stop their MySQL database instances, with the Microsoft SQL Server look and feel.